- The MDS Micro Data-recorder System
is a series of ultra-miniature recorders for water temperature,
pressure (depth) and light intensity measurements.
- The pressure case of these units, designed for 500 meter depth, is 18mm in diameter and 109mm in length.
- It contains the Sensor, Sensor Amplifier, A/D Converter, Clock, Memory IC,Batteries,
plus a data output connector and function switch.
- The Recorder has a memory capacity of 32k bytes which provides enough memory for 440 days of continuous measurement when using a 20min interval.
- Using the interface unit and software available from Alec Electronics, recorded data can be transferred to a PC for compiling and further analysis.
- Developed for underwater studies of various mammals and fish, these recorders unique size and features find use in a variety of other field applications.